The word “vignette” come from the same root as vine, originally described as “a decorative border in a book”. Nowadays, the “vignette” word usually used in photography which referred to “a photographic portrait which is clear in the center area of photo and fades off at the edge of it”.
When you have original portrait photos and would like to be modified as vignette photos, now you can use Photoscape to do your work. You don’t need to install complex and complicated image editing softwares like Photoshop, Corel, etc.
Photoscape is a free image picture editing software developed by MOOII Tech, Korea. They created Photoscape as “easy and fun” software that allowing users to edit pictures or images easily. With this lightweight software, we can do a number of editing process like resizing, brightness and color adjustment, white balance, backlight correction, frames, balloons, mosaic mode, adding text, drawing pictures, cropping, filters, red eye removal, blooming, paint brush, clone stamp, effect brush, etc. It can also handle batch editing in multiple photos.
Here’s the very simple step in creating or producing vignette photos using Photoscape :
- Open Photoscape and choose “Editor” tool.
- Upload or drag and drop your original photo to the work area in Photoscape.
- Choose “Filter – Vignetting” menu.
- A new dialog box will appears. Choose the vignetting style which would be used. You can also set the level of vignetting (30% to 200%). To change vignetting color, you can select “white” instead of “black” vice versa.
- Click “OK” and “Save” when your work finished.