According to ICT Facts and Figures 2016 Publication issued by The International Telecommunication Union (ITU), there were 7 (seven) billion people of the world population live in an area which was covered by the mobile cellular network. Among them, in developing countries, the penetration of the mobile broadband subscription was around 40%. And the total number of mobile broadband subscriptions by end of 2016 is about 3.6 billion.
As the mobile users are always increased year by year, the need for your web or blog to meet the mobile friendliness should be given more serious attention. It is useful to always keep your web or blog visitors that coming from their mobile devices users to visit your web or blog in a long time.
Now, Bing provides simple and understandable tools in reviewing your blog or web meet the above requirements or not by using Mobile Friendliness Test Tools (similar with Mobile-Friendly Test on Google). Here’s the step how to use that feature :
- Go to http://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmaster and sign in (register first if you don’t have your account yet).
- Click on the site or blog that mobile friendliness would be checked.
- Click “Diagnostics & Tools – Mobile Friendliness Test” menu on the left sidebar of your Bing Webmaster dashboard. You can also access the direct link at https://www.bing.com/webmaster/tools/mobile-friendliness.
- Enter your page’s URL to see whether Bing will view the page as mobile friendly and then click “Analyze”.
- As a result, you will see the mobile friendliness of my blog like this :
-Viewport configured correctly
-Page content fits device width
-Text on the page is readable
-Links and tap targets are sufficiently large and touch-friendly
Overall, by making your blog or web pages mobile-friendly you can take an advantage of possibility to increase the visitor number of your blog or web from mobile device users. It can also help you to get better rank in Bing search.