Photoscape has the basic functions that are sufficient for novice users than Photoshop or other image editing software that requires more skill level. Some basic and intermediate photo editing functions can be found in Photoscape such as resizing, cropping, brightness, white balance, backlight correction, frames, text and picture adding, etc. In this short article, I would like to show you on how to change a dark photo into brighter version using Photoscape tools.
Here’s the simple step should be followed by you :
- Install and open Photoscape on your PC desktop (download first this free software at http://www.photoscape.org). This software is compatible with Windows NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 (If you are Windows 10 user, please use PhotoScape X).
- Choose “Editor” menu after you open Photoscape.
- Select or upload your photo which such brightness will be improved or increased. The original photo that still in dark condition is as an example below :
- Click “Bright,Color” button and then choose “Brighten”. You can select the level of brightness on your photo in low, middle. or high level. Choose one or undo if you are not satisfied with the result. As a consequence of these changes, the photo size normally will be increased.
- An above photo after brighten process in Photoscape will looks like this :
- Save your work in other format name in order the old version not to be altered. This minor change of your photo usually will not delete the exif data.